The branch newsletter, Kingston Relations, is published five times a year (in January, March, May, September, and November). Submissions are enthusiastically encouraged!
One significant feature of our award-winning newsletter is the Surname Search section. This is where members and non-members can submit queries. For more information about Queries, see our Research Help page.
The newsletter also contains such regular features as:
- A summary of the talk given by the speaker at our most recent meeting
- Notes about acquisitions and enhancements to our own library as well as those at other local centres
- Branch news
- Tidbits of information from other genealogy newsletters
- New books and reviews
- Upcoming events
- Notes, comments, announcements, and other tidbits of local, provincial, national, and international genealogical importance
- Members automatically receive (by email) copies of the newsletter. Become a member of Kingston Branch today and receive your own copies of “Kingston Relations”.
Do you have information that our members would be interested in? Submit it to our newsletter editor!
BACK ISSUES OF THE NEWSLETTER
Kingston Branch members automatically receive current issues of Kingston Relations, and they have access to back issues through the Members Only page of this website. Members and non-members will find print copies of back issues in Our Library, or contact the newsletter editor for assistance.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ARTICLE
Our Newsletter Committee is very active, and have as their mandate “to seek out information which may be published and widely distributed” to to all Members five times per year. In keeping with their mandate, our Newsletter Commitee is always looking for new material.
The Committee will accept for consideration articles and papers of historical and genealogical interest on the area. Some of the types of information we’re eager to bring to a wider audience include:
- Cemetery and gravemarker transcriptions
- Indexes and Transcription of Church registers
- Transcripts & Indexes of Assessment Tax, Census, Property Ownership and other local records
- Resource Lists, Catalogues and Bibliographies
- and so on.
If you have Indexed a record or prepared a manuscript that you consider to be of local significance or of potential interest to a wider audience, please contact the Chair of our Newsletter Committee at the address listed on our Contact page.
We encourage you to submit material for consideration, but please, contact us first. We cannot guarantee to return unsolicited manuscripts. If your article proves to be a little larger than we normally consider for insertion in our Newsletter, we may suggest that it become a separate publication. To see our current list, visit our Publications page.
If sending by email, please be sure to put “Newsletter Submission” in the subject line.
If sending by post, please mark the envelope “Chair, Newsletter Committee – Article for Review.”