HOW TO JOIN
All members of Kingston Branch are also required to be members of the Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS), and of course receive all the corresponding benefits.
Simply visit the website of the Ontario Genealogical Society, click Join Us and follow the instructions on the screen.
Add the Kingston Branch membership of your choice. Join as an Individual, or as a Family (membership for two individuals at the same mailing address.)
You will receive all of our Kingston Relations newsletters for that calendar year, no matter when you join.
As a member of Kingston Branch, you enjoy a lot of benefits. You will automatically receive five copies per year of our newsletter Kingston Relations. You will also be able to:
- submit an unlimited number of surname queries for publication in our newsletter and on our website at no cost.
- take full advantage of the library holdings and other resources held by Kingston Branch in Kingston, including the Members Only resources.
- borrow (subject to our lending policy) items from our circulating microform collection.
- assist in any special project being undertaken or supported by the branch and have your contribution recognized.
- communicate with others who have an interest in genealogy and family history in the Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox & Addington region.
- attend, with full voting privileges, all general meetings of the branch and become a member of the executive.
- have every opportunity to help with the administrative operation of the branch and be formally recognized for your participation.
EXCLUSIVE TO BRANCH MEMBERS
As a member of Kingston Branch, you have access to a growing number of resources that are not available to the general public. You will be eligible to submit as many queries as you wish, free of charge (see the Queries section of our Research Help page). You will also have free access to the following:
GUIDES & LISTS
- Genealogy Books at Queen’s: Selected Bibliography on Genealogical Subjects Available in Queen’s University Libraries, by Nancy Cutway.
- Frontenac County Cemeteries Inventory, which includes an Alphabetical List of Cemeteries and a list of Cemeteries by Township [This will be up-and-running again soon. As of 19 May 2018–it is being transferred page-by-page from the old website to the new one. A printed copy is available in Our Library.]
- Cemeteries by Religion, giving the religious denomination of all cemetery transcriptions published by Kingston Branch OGS.
- Guide to Genealogical Research in Eastern Ontario.
- 1918 Directory of Camden East Township.
- Index to Newspaper Holdings at Queen’s University, which lists papers on microfilm and in other formats, from Canada, USA, UK, Australia, and African countries.
- An Irish Fling: Sources for Irish Research, presented by speaker Terry Findley in March 2005.
NEWSLETTERS & BRANCH DOCUMENTS
- Kingston Relations – our branch newsletters from 2008 – present.
- Minutes of Meetings from January 2015 – present.
- Guidelines for our volunteers on Transcribing Church Registers and Proofreading.
- Kingston Branch Policy and Procedures Manual (revised December 2012).
HOW TO ACCESS THE MEMBERS-ONLY PAGES
Once your Kingston Branch membership has been confirmed, simply click the Members Only link on the menu above and enter your username and password as directed.