HOW TO JOIN
All members of Kingston Branch are also required to be members of Ontario Ancestors, officially the Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS), and of course receive all the corresponding benefits.
Simply visit the website of the Ontario Genealogical Society, click Join Us and follow the instructions on the screen.
Add Kingston Branch membership. You may of course join other Branches or Special Interest Groups as well, depending where your genealogical interests lie.
You will receive all of our Kingston Relations newsletters for one year, no matter when you join.
As a member of Kingston Branch, you enjoy a lot of benefits. You will automatically receive five copies per year of our newsletter Kingston Relations. You will also be able to:
- submit an unlimited number of surname queries for publication in our newsletter and on our website at no cost.
- take full advantage of the library holdings and other resources held by Kingston Branch in Kingston, including the online Members Only resources.
- borrow (subject to our lending policy) items from our circulating microform collection.
- assist in any special project being undertaken or supported by the branch and have your contribution recognized.
- communicate with others who have an interest in genealogy and family history in the Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox & Addington region.
- attend, with full voting privileges, all general meetings of the branch and become a member of the executive.
- have every opportunity to help with the administrative operation of the branch and be formally recognized for your participation.
EXCLUSIVE TO BRANCH MEMBERS
As a member of Kingston Branch, you have access to a growing number of resources that are not available to the general public. Our Members Only online resources include:
- Frontenac County Resources, including Frontenac County Cemeteries Inventory. This is an Alphabetical List of Cemeteries and a list of Cemeteries by Township, with information and photograph of each cemetery. A printed copy is available in Our Library.]
- Lennox and Addington County Resources, including such items as a 1918 Directory of Camden East Township and an 1883 article on Tamworth and its citizens.
- General Resources for genealogy. Most connect with the region of eastern Ontario.
- Handouts from past meetings and recordings of some Zoom meetings beginning from 2020.
The list is growing constantly as we welcome appropriate submissions and documents.
NEWSLETTERS & BRANCH DOCUMENTS
- Kingston Relations – our branch newsletters from 2008 – present.
- Minutes of Meetings from January 2015 – present.
- Guidelines for our volunteers on Transcribing Church Registers and Proofreading.
- Kingston Branch Policy and Procedures Manual (revised December 2012).
HOW TO ACCESS THE MEMBERS-ONLY PAGES
Once your Kingston Branch membership has been confirmed, simply click the Members Only link on the menu above and enter your username and password as directed.